X-ray imaging is based on the use of X-radiation. This examination always requires a referral from a physician, detailing the area to be imaged and the precise objectives of the examination. You may need to take off some of your clothes for the imaging. The examination is painless and takes 5–15 minutes depending on the area being imaged. When you come to the examination please be prepared to identify yourself with photo ID.
How to prepare for the examination
- Most X-ray examinations do not require any preparations.
- In case of native urinary tract and kidney examinations, you should try to use the toilet before the examination so that your bladder and bowel are empty during the examination.
X-ray imaging at SYNLAB
- The examination is done lying down, standing or sitting.
- The examination takes approximately 5–15 minutes depending on the area being imaged.
Restrictions concerning the examination
- X-ray imaging is sometimes not done during pregnancy. Check for pregnancy before coming for the examination.
Cancelling an examination appointment
If you are unable to come, you may cancel your appointment by calling the appointment number 010 326 3260 or in your online Health Folder. You cannot cancel an appointment by e-mail.
We charge EUR 50 of no shows or appointments cancelled less than 24 hours before the X-ray examination.